Sunday 1 March 2015

Ben Nye Luxury Powder - Banana Review

Hello! ♥


The Ben Nye Banana powder has been raved about for so long, especially since Kim Kardashian uses it. I thought it would be one of those hyped up products that doesn't really deliver, but I was wrong!

Loose powders are my favourite because they look the most natural, and usually sets makeup beautifully without messing up the look underneath. I've reviewed a fab drugstore loose powder for oily skin here.

The banana powder is incredibly finely milled, it's so silky and smooth! This powder also blends seamlessly into my skin. It definitely never looks cakey, even though it has a matte finish.

The yellow tone in this translucent powder means it neutralises any darkness left after concealing, and gives a natural but brighter effect to my under-eyes. It leaves me with a flawless under-eye area, and I am loving it! It lasts all day and stops my concealer from creasing!

My skin has somehow become oilier in the last couple of weeks, but I noticed my face was less 'shiny' when I used this on my t-zone - probably because it contains talc.


It can be a little difficult and messy to use because it's a loose powder. I use the sifter to pour a little into the lid and use it from there.

This powder is available in other shades, but I think the Banana shade is so universal as it seems to suit many skin tones, whether it's used all over the face or just for highlighting!

The Ben Nye Banana powder can be hard to get a hold of, but apparently the ELF Yellow HD powder is a cheaper alternative :)

Let me know what you think if you've tried this!
Thanks for reading, Thahira x

0 comments:

Post a Comment